[LV2] Widget-less UI not working

Stefan Riha hoitaus at gmail.com
Fri May 20 21:23:49 PDT 2016

Hi, I'm a beginner and experimenting with lv2.

I wrote a simply synth and want a UI without Widget. On the lv2 page it says

 "There is no requirement that a UI actually be a graphical widget."
 (from: http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui/ ).

Below that, there is a list of subclasses of UI, but all are for widgets.
So I thought I'd try ui:UI directly instead of ui:GtkUI etc. But neither
jalv nor Ardour recognises that there is a UI.

So I used ui:GtkUI instead. In jalv, this yields error messages of type
Gtk-CRITICAL. Obviously it's because there is no actual widget. In Ardour,
I can see that the UI is instantiated() and immediately cleanedup(),
probably because the Gtk errors are handled that way.

How do you do this?

I looked for hours for some example code but couldn't find one. I stumbled
across Ingen which has some form of web-interface (if I understood
correctly) and tried to read the .ttl files, but don't understand them.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Stefan