[LV2] port-groups

Alex Norman alex at x37v.info
Sun Mar 27 17:46:20 PDT 2016

I'm working on a libpd lv2 wrapper and I'm curious about getting port-group
support working.

I first saw this documentation:
http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org/lv2/ext/portgroups/

but it seems to conflict somewhat with this:
http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/port-groups/

in the lv2plug.in docs I see no mention of pg:membership, pg:rightChannel,
pg:leftChannel etc.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if the ll-plugins docs are just out of
date? I have a few lv2 plugins installed and I've seen both pg:right and
pg:rightChannel being used, I've also seen:
pg:membership [ pg:role pg:LeftChannel] vs. lv2:designation pg:left

Finally, is there a host that _really_ illuminates the usefulness of port
groups? They seem like they could be useful but I'm not exactly sure if/when a
host is using them so I'm not exactly sure how to test that my annotation is
correct.

Thanks,
Alex

work in progress: https://github.com/x37v/pdlv2