[LV2] inline plugin displays

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:23:12 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:47 AM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> Here's another small ad-hoc LV2 extension. I've just prototyped adding
> inline mixer-strip displays. A picture says more than words here:
>
>   http://robin.linuxaudio.org/tmp/inline_display.png

Great idea, and looking awesome, too! :) I think it would be nice to have
some kind of generic support for these in the Faust LV2 architecture in
order to render the passive Faust controls that way.

I'm totally crap at doing the graphic stuff, though, so I'd like to pilfer
some of your meter drawing code for use in the architecture. The main
obstacle there is that the Faust LV2 architecture (like most Faust
architectures) is LGPL and your code at https://github.com/x42 is GPLv2. I
can deal with that by making these parts optional, or having a separate
architecture under the GPL, but that is cumbersome. Do you have some
suitable drawing code lying around that you wouldn't mind relicensing under
the LGPL?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af