[LV2] [Rust] Anybody interested in Rust?

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Dec 5 09:14:06 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-05 at 23:09 +0700, Stefan Riha wrote:
> Sorry there are two skipped messages below.
>
> I meant the functions like "atom-header-begin" and such, can't remember the
> exact name at the moment. I forgot indeed that even those are header-only,
> so there is nothing to link against.
>
> So this "header-only collection of functions" (library?) is not part of LV2
> proper? I.e. those don't need to be translated to Rust, right? Only the
> ones implemented by the plugin and called by the host? I think it makes
> more sense now.

(Again with the top posting...)

Depends on how you want to define "LV2 proper", I suppose, but similar
utilities would have to exist for making working with atoms (etc)
feasible.

Even if they were libraries, I don't think wrapping them would be the
way to go anyway.  Making that stuff nice would mean writing utilities
idiomatic to the target language (this would be nice to have even for C
++ which can do a much nicer job of it than C, but definitely applies to
Rust)

--
dr