[LV2] Anybody interested in Rust?

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sat Dec 3 07:07:40 PST 2016

On Sat, 2016-12-03 at 12:41 +0700, Stefan Riha wrote:
> I was wondering if this mailing list is open to questions about plugin
> development in the Rust programming language?
>
> See e.g.:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40944524/safe-rust-interface-for-c-plugin-interface

All good, I'd love to see this taken further and find Rust very
appealing in many ways, but haven't yet gotten any real experience
working with it so can't be of much help on the idiomatic Rust side of
things.

I imagine that in order to make a type safe wrapper you'll have to deal
with connect_port automagically in the wrapper since it inherently
requires casting from untyped buffers...

--
dr