[LV2] Startup slloowwss dooooowwwwnn???

Stefano D'Angelo zanga.mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 06:56:22 PDT 2014

> Am 27.10.2014 01:56, schrieb David Robillard:
>>
>> On Thu, 2014-10-02 at 17:19 +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>> I have been meaning to add a config file for lilv to be able to disable
>> dyn-manifest (and thus naspro bridges) at run time.  Hosts can currently
>> do this, but there's no easy mechanism to do it globally.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> Maybe a config switch were doubled plugs could be switched of generally,
> instead print warnings about, would be good?
> As far I remember right, the problem with naspro seems to be that it not
> only add the ladspa plugs to the world, but scans again the existing lv2
> plugs and double them up, which leads to a huge amount of error messages in
> the terminal. My terminal cache was overflowed by the amount.

FYI, NASPRO bridges scan LADSPA_PATH and DSSI_PATH (or default paths
if not set). They won't scan LV2_PATH and won't "double" LV2 plugins.
What you probably see are LADSPA plugins being loaded where you also
have LV2 versions (e.g. swh, invada). In these cases there is a
mechanism to avoid the "duplication" using dc:replaces in ttl files (I
don't know if Lilv supports that automagically?). The bridges also
don't print anything on stdout/stderr.

BR,

Stefano