[LV2] Startup slloowwss dooooowwwwnn???

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Thu Oct 2 08:12:32 PDT 2014

Hi

I've just updated my LV2 installation from lv2-dev 1.6.0 to 1.10.0 and
jalv from 1.4.4 t0 1.4.6
Despite that it forces me to update jackd as-well,
( jalv.gtk: symbol lookup error: jalv.gtk: undefined symbol:
JACK_METADATA_PRETTY_NAME) (that could be done better with backward
compatibility, couldn't it?),
it slows down the start of any LV2 host enormous.
Is that a known issue, or is there something I could do to avoid that?
I get now, the following warnings when start a LV2 host:

Warning: unknown parameter map_curve for plugin organ
Warning: unknown parameter perc_timbre for plugin organ
VST_PATH not set, defaulting to
/home/brummer/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst
VST_PATH not set, defaulting to
/home/brummer/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst

I wonder which organ it will be, Calf??
I wonder special, because I haven't updated any plug at all.

I wonder why a LV2 host (even my own) search for a VST path? As far I
know I haven’t installed any vst bridge on my system.

I wonder why I get the unknown parameter warnings with any plugin I load
into a multi host, and why any plugin load is soo oooo o sssll lll
ooowww now?

regards
hermann