[LV2] OSX Install Location and a Suggestion

Chris Share cpsmusic at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 05:28:01 PST 2014

Hi,
It seems that on OSX by default plugins are installed in /usr/local/lib/lv2/. Wouldn't it be better if this was the recommended plugin location (i.e. /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/LV2/)? I realise this can be set using waf's "prefix" option (I think?) but it would make things simpler for those unfamiliar with waf and LV2 (that's me!).
I have a suggestion too - it would be great if there were a "skeleton" plugin in the API - something like the one in Vamp, containing the minimum required for a working plugin.
Cheers,
Chris