[LV2] Feedback request: new LV2 website

Spencer Jackson ssjackson71 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 09:56:21 PST 2014

My $.02:

The site flow is much nicer from a developer perspective. With the old site
it took me a few months before I really had figured out where the stuff I
need is (and I never even knew about the example plugins until after I'd
released 2 plugins). The new way leads a curious potential developer to the
right places naturally I think. Overall it's a nice and clean look.

Screenshots are an excellent idea. Almost required nowadays to attract
attention. Probably for fairness the best idea is to have a slideshow type
of thing on the front page so we can display many different hosts and
plugins. If there were an easy way to "submit a new LV2 screenshot" then
devs of the respective projects and even users could load up a good variety
of images of plugins in action. I know I'd upload my plugin images just for
the exposure. I haven't a clue how to implement a submit button to upload
images to a site folder though. I don't like adding images to git
personally, but it could just be done that way.

_Spencer