[LV2] plugin bypass

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Fri May 9 02:53:11 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 16:07 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
[...]
> e.g. The simple-amp example could just internally ramp the gain to 0 in
> one process cycle. Easy. But doing this multiple times in a cycle with
> sample-accuracy can make things quite complicated.

> I don't know any plugin-host that can automate bypass with
> sample-accuracy either and I think we should even discourage that. If
> sample-accuracy is required for operating a given plugin properly. Using
> "bypass" to do that is the wrong way to begin with.

I agree this is not really something that matters, but it's not really
any more difficult to do <whatever> for
nframes-as-determined-by-run-parameter vs
nframes-as-determined-by-event-time.

Anyway, events are beside the point.  I just try to ensure that things
we add are conceptually possible in either scheme so we don't paint
ourselves into a corner more than necessary.

--
dr