[LV2] Thoughts on a clearer atom forge API

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 15:49:03 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net> wrote:

> That's my best proposal so far.  Do better.

I'll put this up for discussion: how about an OSC type interface?

[]
>     a my:Message ;
>     rdfs:label "A wild message appears!" ;
>     my:intensity 9000 .

In order to create above message,
// si representing one "string" and one "int" => "si".
message = forge_create( "si", uris.rdfs_label,  "a wild message appears!",
uris.my_intensity, 9000 ); ?

I like the single-function & done approach, as shown in the liblo docs here:
http://liblo.sourceforge.net/docs/group__liblo.html#gafa4253874f97c2c16254ac57d2b7c987

Perhaps the OSC type url thing is relevant, but it may be useful for
decoding the ellipsis..
Overloading forge_create to infinity might solve it otherwise :)