[LV2] A standard show/hide UI interface

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 12:42:06 PST 2014

On 02/09/2014 08:35 PM, David Robillard wrote:
> I have added an interface to allow any UI to gracefully degrade to
> external.  The point, as discussed in my earlier email, is to resolve
> the fragmentation caused by embed vs unofficial external-ui (which never
> should have been a widget type in the first place)
>
> http://lv2plug.in/changeset/911
>
> I don't have the time to actually implement this right now, so if anyone
> would like to do so in a plugin, that would be helpful.

Thanks for this!

I'm wondering about the situation of UIs being created before their
toolkits had been initiated.
At least in Qt, creating a widget before an application instance causes
a crash.
So if the UI implements this, it needs to make sure the toolkit it uses
is properly setup first.

Can you add this info to the interface docs?