[LV2] Example needed

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Nov 28 06:54:06 PST 2013

On 11/28/2013 03:39 PM, Warren Koontz wrote:
> All,
>
> I am looking for example code for an application that uses an LV2 plugin.
> At this point I have created an .so file and have written a short program
> that gets a handle to this file using dlopen(). I am not sure what to do
> next!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Warren

Hi Warren,

If your goal is to write a plugin-host, I suggest to look into liblilv
[1,2] and various related libs in drobilla's LAD repo. liblilv in
particular takes care of all the gory details :). Implementing a LV2
host from scratch is a lot of work.

Also check out jalv [3] (which is a feature complete plugin-host) or
maybe even ardour3 [4], qtractor [?] or the mod-host [5].

HTH,
robin

[1] http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/trunk/lilv/
[2] http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/trunk/lilv/utils/