[LV2] Ui update rate

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat May 4 10:38:15 PDT 2013

Am 30.04.2013 16:10, schrieb Harry van Haaren:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, hermann meyer <brummer- at web.de
> <mailto:brummer- at web.de>> wrote:
>
>     Is there a way to receive the UI refresh rate from the host?
>
> Currently, no there is not, if you're using the LV2UI_Idle_Interface
> to redraw your UI?
>
>     It could be helpful to now this for analyze plugs.
>
> I'll agree, there are many use cases where intended framerate of UI
> would be useful.
> Most are for eye candy.. but your analyze plugs are a better example
> where its needed ;)
Eye candy is as well a other side of the strip, and I wouldn't put it
such below then a analyzer plug.
If LV2 ever would be a competitor to other plugin standards (and I
really hope it will), we need a better way to redraw the UI. Be it for
eye candy, for analyze, or for user feedback.
At minimum as a plug-in developer I need to know the UI refresh rate,
otherwise any calculation to give users a feedback running into a hole.
And it didn't differ here if it be just a eye-candy or the calculation
of a fallback parameter from a simple VU meter.