[LV2] how to supply a large number of factory presets with a plug-in

Nick Dowell nick at nickdowell.com
Sat Mar 30 09:02:30 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have been working on bringing amsynth (a software synth) to LV2.

The standalone version of amsynth currently has around 900 presets,
organised into banks, and I would like to make all of these accessible
to users of the LV2 version.

Unless I have missed something, there is no way to organise presets
(and, as an aside; there is no way in the UI to tell whether a preset
is a factory preset or user preset) so if I were to to ahead and supply
all the presets, I think the preset selection UI (drop-down menu) would
become unmanageable.

Am I approaching this the wrong way (perhaps I should be looking into
programs ratherthan presets?) or is LV2 not ready to handle thismany
presets right now?

Any guidance would be welcome!

Cheers,
Nick