[LV2] Idle interface and Plugin => UI ringbuffer overflow

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 05:02:29 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Devin Anderson
<surfacepatterns at gmail.com>wrote:

> 1.) Have a separate thread that handles data from the ringbuffer.

The reason for using the Idle interface is that the plugin doesn't have to
do any threading.. so creating threads in the UI is a hacky workaround that
I'd prefer not to have to do :)

> 2.) Make your dialogs modal, but instead of calling the dialog's event
> loop function, show the dialog and then return to the main event loop.
>  I know you can do this in Qt; I'm not sure about other UI libraries.

I will check out if this is possible: if it is thats the best solution,
otherwise I'll keep searching...

Thanks for the ideas, -Harry