[LV2] RFC: Describing programs

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sun Feb 10 12:52:14 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 04:45 -0500, David Robillard wrote:
[...]

Alright, well, virtually everyone who's commented (mostly on IRC)
doesn't seem to think that LV2 should support named MIDI PC and/or that
it must be conflated with presets in some unspecified way to be useful.

Personally I don't see why supporting names for a simple MIDI controller
is a big deal, and think e.g. fluidsynth plugins not having a vocabulary
to use is unfortunate, but I seem to be alone in that opinion.

So, I am removing this, and LV2 1.4.0 will not have program support.

Work on programs will resume if/when there are requests and constructive
feedback about it.