[LV2] RFC: Describing programs

Stefano D'Angelo zanga.mail at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 00:23:44 PST 2013

2013/2/10 David Robillard <d at drobilla.net>:
> There is a bit of strange overlap here with presets, but once understood
> I think the distinction is sensible, which I have hopefully described
> clearly in the lv2:Program documentation.

Doc reads "However, a program MAY be associated with a preset, or one
resource may be both a program and a preset, to support completely
changing a plugin instance's state via a program change.", which seems
what I would need for the DSSI bridge... but it looks fuzzy. Maybe
define a standard way for a host to know that a lv2:Program is
associated with a preset? It could very well be that the program is
the preset, but I got the feeling that you have something else in
mind.

Stefano

P.S.: David, sorry, sometimes I hit the wrong "Reply" button... getting old!