[LV2] LV2 1.4.0
d at drobilla.net
Sun Feb 17 21:08:27 PST 2013
Good day, pluggers and plugees,
LV2 1.4.0 is out. This minor release mainly fixes a few bugs in the
data and utility headers, and improves documentation.
More about LV2: http://lv2plug.in/
Changes of note:
* A new feature, state:loadDefaultState
* One change that affects (run-time, dynamic) compatibility,
the format of patch:Set has changed.
* The new log/logger.h makes the logger extension pleasant to use,
or transparently falls back to stderr if unsupported.
* A new well-documented metronome example/test case for tempo sync.
There are no new APIs or changes to existing APIs that affect plugin
Complete list of changes:
* Generate book-style HTML documentation from example plugins.
* Add metronome example plugin to demonstrate sample accurate
* lv2core: Set range of lv2:designation to lv2:Designation.
* lv2core: Make lv2:Parameter rdfs:subClassOf rdf:Property.
* lv2core: Add lv2:control for designating primary event-based
* lv2core: Reserve minor version 0 for unstable development plugins.
* lv2core: Add lv2:EnvelopePlugin class.
* atom: Fix lv2_atom_sequence_end().
* atom: Remove atom:stringType in favour of owl:onDatatype so generic
tools can understand and validate atom literals.
* atom: Improve atom documentation.
* buf-size: Fix typo in bufsz:sequenceSize label.
* event: Fix incorrect return type in lv2_event_get().
* log: Add logger convenience API.
* options: Set the range of opts:requiredOption and
opts:supportedOption to opts:Option.
* patch: Make patch:Set a compact message for setting one property.
* patch: Add patch:readable and patch:writable for describing available
* state: Add state:loadDefaultState feature so plugins can have their
default state loaded without hard-coding default state as a special
All hosts that support state are encouraged to support
state:loadDefaultState which should be straightforward. Otherwise,
there are no new implementation requirements, but upgrading is
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Devel