[LV2] Dynamic manifest URIs and CAPS' strange case

Stefano D'Angelo zanga.mail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:48:42 PST 2013

Hi all,

Next NASPRO release is coming soon, no new features, just small fixes
here and there.

Anyway, I still have two potentially tricky things to sort out. The
first is whether it matters if I change URIs of dynamic manifests (not
bridged plugins, just the dman:DynManifest). The problem is that
NASPRO is not part of Atheme anymore and that is also reflected by the
website having been moved to sourceforge. Hopefully nobody is
hardcoding the old URIs.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, I have the feeling that the
new CAPS release keeps the old LADSPAs unique IDs but breaks port
signatures. This sucks, I remember me and David suggesting the author
not to do it, but still he seems to have done it. This means current
bridges are propagating the breakage into LV2 land. Which sucks even
more because it explicitly violates LV2 rules. Now, probably the best
thing to do would be to special case CAPS and try to detect whether
it's the new or old version being bridged and use new URIs for the new
plugin set (something like urn:ladspa:caps-new:XXXX?). However, it
might happen again in the future, I guess. Any suggestions?

Ciao,

Stefano