[LV2] Still Learning

Warren Koontz profwub at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 05:54:05 PST 2013

All,

Please check my understanding:

In an activate-run-deactivate cycle (where run may be invoked more than
once) do the control variables remain fixed or can they change from one
invocation of run to the next? I now suspect the latter, which means I have
to change my approach.

In my current version of Multiverb, the number of buffers and their sizes
are determined from two user inputs: "order" and "maxDelay". I think it
would be awkward to change these on the fly. Also, I calculate a number of
parameters (e.g., inverse dB) from the control variables. These would have
to be re-computed whenever run is invoked.

So I think I have to make the number of buffers and their sizes a "design
decision" and determine a reasonably efficient way to use the remaining
control variables. Also, I can use activate to clear the buffers, since the
number and sizes will be fixed at build time.

Am I correct? Thanks!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Warren