[LV2] Thoughts of a lazy developer: Audio vs CV

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:13:53 PDT 2013

Hello David,

So I have been coding more of the avw.lv2 plugins, I realised that the
issue with CVPort/AudioPort inputing/outputing the same data is really
for very very few plugins - thinking about it, I realised you wouldn't
really encounter it in other cases than modular synths.

So although it might be a pain for the few developers who might
encounter the case:
- I guess on your side the code remains simpler
- For users playing with modular synths, as long as the name of the
plugin is clear enough to indicate what they do, it shouldn't be an
issue

Let me know what you think about it, but it might simply not be worth it.

Aurélien