[LV2] how to supply a large number of factory presets with a plug-in

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Thu Apr 4 19:38:55 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-31 at 22:47 +0100, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net>
> wrote:
>         <http://example.org/somebank>
>             a pset:Bank ;
>             rdfs:label "Bank of Americon" ;
>             pset:bankEntry [
>                 pset:preset <http://example.org/preset1> ;
>                 lv2:index 0 ;
>             ] , [
>                 pset:preset <http://example.org/preset2> ;
>                 lv2:index 1 ;
>             ] .
>

> I think this is the best solution if we can make the "index" an
> optional tag.
>
> That way simple preset banks don't have to specify an order, but if
> its wanted its possible.

Sure, that's just there mainly for MIDI-like program compatibility.
Another way of doing that is to be able to associate an arbitrary
trigger event with a preset (since we have vocab for describing MIDI),
but it's probably better not to tie it specifically to MIDI since the
numbers could be used elsewhere anyway.

The bank could have an index as well.

> I value being able to include a preset in multiple banks, so the 3rd
> option is a -1 from me.

Noted.