[LV2] LV2 C++ Tools Additions

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Sep 24 06:36:12 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 17:39 -0500, Michael Fisher wrote:
> Thanks for the input
>
> On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 16:22 -0400, David Robillard wrote:
>
> > Speaking of names, the pkg-config name of this package has always caused
> > a ton of user confusion.  It's really bad for third party libraries to
> > be using the names lv2-plugin and lv2-gui!
>
> I always found that a smidge confusing from a user's standpoint as well.
>

> > Given that AFAIK Lars is MIA and this package is unmaintained, maybe it
> > would be a good idea for you to just fork the thing, give it a distinct
> > name, which would make the ambiguity go away and hopefully let the
> > community move to the active project and get away from these names and
> > other problems?
>
> I'm up for it.  Would something easy like lv2mm-* be inappropriate?  And
> since we're basically talking overhauling this thing, might as well
> build it with waf ;)

I suppose since all of LV2 is in one tarball now there's no real
potential for name clashes, so you're welcome to it as much as the next
person :)

As long as the pkg-config name is the same as the actual project name,
and it's searchable, it should be fine (don't use the namespace "lv2" or
"LV2" though)

Cheers,