[Devel] assigning MIDI CCs to lv2:ControlPort

Ricardo Wurmus ricardo.wurmus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:09:37 PST 2012

>> Does mapping MIDI CCs to plugin parameters actually belong to the
>> host? If it should be done in the plugin, what is the preferred way to
>> allow  users to modify the mapping? Could this be done in preset files
>> for the plugin?
>
> Hm?  Plugins can't set their own input port values!

"can't" meaning "should not"? Because my plugin does. (I'm currently
using the C++ wrapper by Lars, but I'm planning to rewrite the plugin
in plain C soonish.)

Is there a canonical approach to have a plugin listen to CCs? My
plugin evaluates incoming MIDI messages and dispatches functions that
modify input port values when it encounters CC messages.

It obviously is not a good way to do that (e.g. because the
host-generated GUI is totally oblivious to the changes) and I'd love
to change it.