[LV2] lv2:relation

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Feb 27 18:47:13 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 17:12 -0500, David Robillard wrote:
> Since we've unfortunately overloaded "property", I'm calling this the
> port's "relation".

Actually, on second though, is this a "parameter"?

"Parameter" =
 * Identified by URI, has a "value" of any type (one per URI per plugin)
 * Is a property the plugin "understands"
 * Likely to be saved in plugin state
 * Can get/set by sending a message
 * Can be expressed in a control port

This gives a name to the concept of "URI key and any value which
represents a property on the  plugin instance and is useful in many
contexts" that the state extension is getting at.