[LV2] [Devel] lv2_descriptor() considered harmful

Martin lv2list at unknown-error.com
Fri Feb 24 15:58:11 PST 2012

Hi together!

I just started developing lv2 plugins and am currently working on a
wrapper which should be able to create new plugins without recompiling
(and hard coding the plugin URI).

As indicated by the subject of this mail I found a similar topic:
http://lists.lv2plug.in/htdig.cgi/devel-lv2plug.in/2011-October/000063.html

  - the requested feature is exactly what I'm missing at the moment.

apart from getting the bundle path it would also be useful to get the
requested URI directly from the host (if possible).

typedef int (*LV2_Init_Function)(const char*                bundle_path,
                                  const char*                plugin_URI,
                                  const LV2_Feature *const * features);

are there any plans to introduce a new init?

kind reards,
Martin