[LV2] Ardour doesn't find lv2

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Tue Dec 11 15:00:36 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 23:41 +0100, rosea.grammostola wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, if I do
> echo $LV2_PATH
>
> I get an empty line

There is a big difference between an environment variable being set to
the empty string, and the environment variable not being set at all.
Both will print nothing for this command.  As I mentioned earlier,
'export' will print all set environment variables.

Perhaps yours has been set to the empty string?  This will result in
zero plugins.  You can use 'unset LV2_PATH' to unset it.

> If I do
> LV2_PATH=/usr/lib/lv2
> lv2ls works (but only in the terminal in which I set the path)
>
> lv2ls contains some weird files
[snip]

All valid URIs, this looks fine.