[LV2] Ardour doesn't find lv2

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Dec 10 09:29:21 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 13:03 +0100, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 12:48 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM, rosea.grammostola
> > <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com <mailto:rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Lv2ls doesn't find anything. I've a lot lv2 plugins in
> >       /usr/lib/lv2/ though...
> >

> > Lv2ls checks you're LV2 path environment variable, perhaps you're
> > changing it during startup?
> > A script set to run, or else some additions to .bashrc?
> >

> I don't think this is the case. I do not see a reason why I should have
> it. I checked bashrc, no entry about LV2.
>
> I suspect it has something to do with the install of lv2 svn, drobillad
> svn or accidentally removed a file or something.

'export' will list all set environment variables.

If LV2_PATH is not set, then the default will be searched, which is set
at lilv configuration time and printed in the configuration summary.

The default on Linux is ~/.lv2:/usr/lib/lv2:/usr/local/lib/lv2

There are no configuration files that affect this behaviour.

Since other hosts that use lilv are working, this makes no sense.  Do
you have a broken installation in /usr/local or something?  Run ldd on
executables to see what libraries they are linking with.