[LV2] LV2 event ports running out of space

Jeremy Salwen jeremysalwen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:07:19 PDT 2012

Thinking about it more, it seems to be something that needs an extension.
A plugin should be able to stop processing partway through a chunk and say
"Hey, I ran out of space for events, here's how many frames I finished".
Ideally it would just be the return value of the *run* function (think of
an fwrite like interface), but obviously we can't make an incompatible
change like that.  Probably just a tagged port like the way latency
reporting works.  It can be an optional feature, and if a host doesn't
support it, it just loses events, but it still works.  What do you think?

Jeremy