[LV2] LV2 validator

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Tue Apr 10 11:58:44 PDT 2012

I have written a program, sord_validate, that can be used as a validator
for LV2 data.  Hopefully this, in conjunction with the use of standard
URI defines, will make typo errors (and other errors) a thing of the
past.

Details here: http://lv2plug.in/trac/wiki/Validating_LV2_Data

Try it out, feedback welcome.  Hopefully some day we can reach the point
where all LV2 data is valid, but currently don't bother trying to run it
on PREFIX/lib/lv2 ;)  It would be great if plugin authors could start
using it to make their own collections valid.

I am aware passing all the specs may seem counter-intuitive, but
sord_validate is a simple generic program, this is necessary for it to
work.  A wrapper script that just takes the location of the LV2
distribution may alleviate this (or maybe a more clever program that
loads all specs in LV2_PATH), contributions along those lines welcome...

Cheers,