[Devel] port-props extension (rescued "extended port information" extension)

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Nov 2 08:06:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 14:03 +0200, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> 2011/11/2 David Robillard <d at drobilla.net>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I rescued the "extended port information" extension from the old wiki
> > dump.  It was a quasi-turtle document (bad syntax) that seemed extremely
> > stale but useful, so I figured it'd be good to clean it up and keep it
> > maintained with the others.
> >
> > This does mean a different URI.  I am not sure who is currently using
> > this. ?
>
> NASPRO bridges for the logarithmic port property, and IIRC
> zynjacku/lv2rack too, and probably others too.
>
> However, feel free to define a new URI, the old property IIRC has an
> erroneous description, that is the bounds must have same sign (WTF?),
> and it takes me 2 seconds to just let the bridges produce a new
> statement together with the old one.

IIRC the lack of a rigorous definition is why logarithmic was left out
of lv2core.

This extension's logarithmic hint lacks one as well.  Can we make one?
Are there inherent reasons why one mapping might not apply to different
plugins?  Is there some kind of standard or existing practise for this
somewhere?