[Devel] Dynamic manifest rev. 2

Stefano D'Angelo zanga.mail at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:44:54 PDT 2011

>>> 2011/5/2 Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail at gmail.com>:
>>> Yet another idea: the dynamic manifest plugin library must not specify
>>> lv2:binary, which may be instead implicitly be added to the data by
>>> the host. This would allow to change the name of the shared library
>>> without requiring rebuilding (only changing the manifest).
>>
>> I don't understand this one.
>
> If doing so, you don't need to rebuild the binary library if you just
> want to change its filename, just editing manifest.ttl would be enough
> (of course, unless the lv2:binary is another one - in that case you
> would be allowed to specify it, that is hosts should add or imply
> lv2:binary if none is given).

Upon further thinking, this is pain with no gain, forget about it.

Attached is the new thing. The only change needed in lilv/zynjacku
should be adding the new URI. Let me know.

(side note: lilv actually needs more, since I've noticed that Ingen
does weird things with dyn manifests - opening/closing them multiple
times is bad practice!)

Stefano